Take a leaf out of our book and plan a visit during autumn & winter
1. Explore the Lakes on 2 wheels with a cycling tour (or hire a bike and go for a spin at your leisure).
2. Go Clay Pigeon Shooting. Whether you're a pro or a newbie, it's a fun activity all year round.
3. Make your own gin. We probably should have opened with this. Scavenge the hedgerows for crab apples, blackberries, rosehips & sloes.
4. Learn to sail or hire a boat on Lake Windermere. You couldn’t wish for a more stunning backdrop!
5. There's nothing more refreshing than a winter walk. Take a look at these guided walks and don’t forget your flask of hot chocolate or mulled wine.
6. Finish off that walk in a cosy winter pub. Enjoy a pint of local crafted Cumbrian ale by a roaring fire, or take a brewery tour. Cheers!
7. It may be a little early, but the Lake District is a great place for Christmas shopping. You’ll find many Christmas markets all over the Lake District but check out our nearest in Ulverston, Windermere & Kendal.
8. Go fishing! Book a guided fishing day so you don't feel like a fish out of water, and you'll be reeling them in before you know it.
9. Head off-road and enjoy the thrill of twists, turns and straight open paths on a Segway Experience at Go Ape Grizedale.
10. Snag a fantastic deal! Snuggle up in front of a log burner in one of our 3-holiday cottages from just £16 per person per night.